Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bad Mommy

We went to the doctor today because mommy had a few questions. I was worried about his belly button falling off too early and his circumcision reattaching. Well the doctor fixed those two concerns very easily. I asked the doctor about Mason sleeping so much and turns out I should not let him go that long at night without eating. He said babies can just silently starve to death. Now that sounds harsh and Mason is gaining weight right on target but he does not cry when he gets hungry. Like I said before he sleeps 8 hours at night. Our doctor wants us to make sure he does not go more than 4 hours when he is this young without eating. I guess I am back to getting up at night. It is still very good for a 2 week old to sleep a full 4 hours without fussing. I am not complaining I know some people get up every 30 minutes and have fussy babies. We are still having a great time. Mason is a super baby.

What Mason does best!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, you're a great Mommy!! You have to learn everything somehow!!

Kerri said...

Your not a bad mommy! I won't have know any different either if the dr. didn't say something! Don't beat yourself up, your doing great!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey guys! It is so great to hear from you. As you can tell, I haven't checked our blog in a while - I am way behind. Congratulations! Mason is precious! I can't believe how time flys. I have added your blog to ours so I can try to keep up :)